It was an honor and a privilege to have been selected to co-host a live webinar with Dr. Denis Fedorenko, of the A.A. Maximov Department of Hematology and Cellular Therapy at Pirogov Medical Surgical Center in Moscow. At midnight, Moscow time (yes, that’s how he rolls), on Friday, June 22, 2018, Dr. Fedorenko answered many of the most-commonly-asked questions about HSCT (hematopoietic stem cell transplantation), how it works and why the non-myeloablative protocol he utilizes is considered the most effective treatment available to halt various autoimmune diseases. Below is a sampling of topics that were discussed, which included valuable information and advice for those considering HSCT as well as for veterans recovering from HSCT.
- What is HSCT and how does it function to eradicate disease progression?
- Who is the best candidate for HSCT?
- What is the inclusion and exclusion criteria for acceptance to Pirogov?
- What are the pros and cons of non-myeloablative vs. myeloablative protocol?
- Relapse Rates
- Pregnancy after transplantation
- Rituximab vs. ATG in protocol
- How to know if you may be a non-responder following transplant
- The recovery rollercoaster
- Safety precautions after transplant
- How a positive attitude contributes to a more cohesive experience during and after transplant
If you ever wanted to know more about HSCT, and to hear the information from the voice of a highly-regarded HSCT legend, click on the image below and choose “Events” from the menu. I hope you enjoy this rare one-on-one opportunity.
All my best.